I would say that the Gala Winners Reading was a success last night: good turnout, excellent readers, and even some photographic evidence.
Also, here is the list of upcoming events I messed up on:
– March 23/24, AJ 175, In Print Festival 6, with Paul Killebrew, Debra Gwartney, Tina May Hall, and the editors of Artifice Magazine. (AND THE RELEASE OF THE 2011 Broken Plate)
– March 26, Big Car Gallery, Indianapolis, Vouched Presents… with (WC member) Ashley Ford, Nate Pritts, Micah Ling, Drew Blanchard, and Derrick Harriel
– April 19, Cornerstone Center for the Arts, The Creative Writing In The Community Class Reading
Thanks to everyone who came to the reading last night. YOU RULE.
As the other side of the Alabama-BSU student exchange, four Writers Community members–Layne Ransom, Jeremy Bauer, Elysia Smith, and myself (Tyler Gobble)–will be traveling to Alabama at the end of March. As part of this experience, we will be reading at The Slash Pine Poetry Festival and visiting the university. To help promote and raise funds for this trip, we have decided to hold a fundraiser on Kickstarter. Here is the page. For this, we will be creating chapbooks, broadsides, and eventually videos. Any support, whether it be promotional or financial, is greatly appreciated. Feel free to message me at tlgobble(at)bsu(dot)edu with any questions or concerns. Thank you in advance for your support.
Tyler on behalf of Elysia, Jeremy, and Layne
1. As part of the BSU and University of Alabama Creative Writing Exchange, we are hosting Alabama faculty and writer, Brian Oliu, and a group of University of Alabama undergraduate writers. An exciting aspect of their visit is an opportunity to publicly read original poems, stories, and essays.
Tuesday, February 22nd at 7:30 pm, Bracken Library room 104. Refreshments will be served.
2. As part of their prize for winning last fall’s Undergraduate Writers Gala, Layne Ransom, Lindsey P. LaVal, and Spencer McNelly will each have to the opportunity to read for 10-15 minutes.
Tuesday, March 1st at 7:30 pm, Bracken Library room 104.
Please, come out and support these awesome writers and the Writers Community.
Between now and March 26th, there is going to be four, count it four, sweet readings in Indy. I’m going to all four (hopefully), and if any other Writers Community members are interested, I’m all for getting a group together for each of these.
Vouched Presents…Nate Pritts, Drew Blanchard, Derrick Harriell, Ashley Ford, and other local writers
7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 26
Big Car Gallery
Keep up-to-date at Vouched Online
In my opinion, these are all can’t miss events. Real cool opportunities to see an amazing variety of writers without traveling very far.
1. Tuesday, Be Here Now, 9:30 pm, $1 for under 21, Monthly Reading Series, featuring Writers Community Members Ryan Rader, Ashley Ford, and Cody Sean Davis, among others. Also, Ryan will be releasing two chapbooks.